In the field of Web design and development, more and more people are feeling delighted with the awesomeness of responsive design– an approach of creating a web layout consisting an intelligent use of flexible grids, layouts, images and CSS media queries. It is a concept that allows a user to switch a website from a laptop to iPad automatically without compromising on the terms of resolution, image size, functionality and scripting abilities.
For designers often times serving the demand of a responsive website layout that is compatible for every resolution and device including the iPhone, the iPad and netbook becomes a serious challenge. Believe it or not but designers have to consider and follow some practices if they want to perform their responsive website work efficiently.
Considering this fact, I decided to come up and discuss some useful Responsive Website Design Strategies, Tips And Techniques that come handy in the successful handling of different traditional complexities faced by designers while creating responsive site layouts.
1. Prioritize Mobile First : It is an obvious to set your priorities to Mobile platforms when it comes to designing and development of a responsive web layout. Go for a mobile optimized site consisting of an advanced layout capable of bringing innovative experiences, particularly fast-loading mobile experiences.
2. High Quality Browsing Experience : While creating a responsive design website please be more focused on the browsing experience – one of the most important thing. Your top priority should be in a layout that helps all users to have a better site’s appearance and visual structure while browsing a website irrespective of any specific device or screen size.
3. Say Yes To Images Flexible : Make your images flexible – no matter whether you’re dealing in simple or complex web design. Using adaptive sizing accordingly for mobile users helps in better browsing experience and fast loading speed.
4. Style Content Using CSS : It is a good trick to use CSS for styling the basic content web page. You can apply CSS Reset or use base font size. Don’t forget to apply spacing and separate styling.
5. Quick Navigation : Navigation is another crucial element when it comes to responsive website design layout. A good approach is to create a quick navigation using a pop-out, drop-down or slide down menu to describe several categories and link of a website in a decent manner.
Hope the aforementioned responsive design strategies, tips and techniques come handy to you in leveraging the awesomeness of responsive layout that has gained a lot of attention and still continues to get the same reputation in the present scenario.