File Naming Style
- The filename should preferably be short and descriptive.
- It is always good to use same keywords in a filename as well as in page title.
- Do not use filenames such as service.htm or job.htm as they are generic. Use actual service name in your file name such as computer-repairing.htm.
- Do not use more than 3-4 words in file names.
- Separate the keywords with hyphens rather than underscores.
- Try to use 2 keywords if possible.
slazenger-brand-balls.html wimbledon-brand-balls.html wilson-brand-balls.html
seo-relevant-filename as seo relevant filename(good)
seo_relevant_filename as seorelevantfilename (not good)
URL Sub-Directory Name
- Keep the web page filename short, simple, descriptive, and relevant to the page content.
- Try to use a maximum of 3-4 keywords in your filename, and these keywords should appear on your web page title as well.
- Separate all keywords with hyphen rather than with underscore.
- Keep your sub-directories name as short as possible.
- Restrict the file size to less than 101K because Google chops almost everything above that.